Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Lordy Lordy!

Look who's Forty!

It seems we've been waiting for this day for quite a while.  It is a big year for us.  Drew finally turned forty today.  We celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary in August and I turn 40 in September.  But hah - Drew is the first to celebrate!

I'd love to present a wonderful photo collage of Drew's last 40 years but unfortunately we have only a few photos of his earlier years.  I obviously need to do a bit of scanning of what we do have.  I have also lost all of the tagged photos of him so to go back through the years is a bit more of a task than I can do right now.  But I will share a few...

Here we have one of the youngest photos we have.  Isn't he sweet?

Ahh the teenage years.  One day there may be a whole post on those days.  I was certainly privileged to know him since grade 9.
 Here we have his alter ego Dougie - present in the early days of our marriage. 
I am happy to report that he has really grown since then.
 And most recently (again, I need to take more photos of him in action), Drew as an amazing dad. 

Happy birthday Drew!  We are so happy with who you have become. You are a great husband, father, son, brother, coworker, boss - you name it.  We hope you had a great day.  We are sorry that you didn't get the boat you wanted, but hope you enjoyed your day otherwise.
We love you restless one! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment