Monday, January 26, 2009

Productive weekend!




Yey! We finally got around to rearranging the kids rooms. Marlee got all of the old stored clothing out and Matt's former bunk bed set up. She loves it! Matt got my old trundle bed (30+ years and still doing great!) and while it is skinnier than the bunk bed he likes it too. This is until we can get him a proper bunk bed system as well. It's funny how we think we are being so logical when we make purchases... We originally bought the crib because it can be made into a double bed later on but it just hasn't turned out to be practical. If we could do it over again I would probably have gotten one that goes into a twin or something from IKEA. I've seen a few good ones since then. We still want to get some of the TROFAST systems for each of their rooms and then limit the toys and papers to what can fit in them. Friends of ours use them as the steps up to the bunk beds which I wouldn't mind as well. While I love the PAX ones in Marlee's rooms they really are pretty big and she doesn't need that much storage. We still need to work on her closet though.

Saturday night I was able to get out and do some scrapbooking! I was actually productive and finished a few projects (project 365 cards, some page kits from SofJoy and Sunday School planning). My only regret was that perhaps I should have saved some of the page kits for the upcoming LOAD class - they were so quick! I happened to get home later than planned and unfortunately Drew was still up waiting for me so he could take the dog for her run. I guess he hadn't heard me say that I would take her out, even though I hadn't planned on being late. So needless to say he was not pleased - and I can't say I was either because the dog wouldn't poop! I was out for 10 minutes - came back in - Drew told me she needed to poop before bed and when out for ANOTHER 30 minutes (by now it was 1:30am) and she still hadn't so I said forget it. We carried on this discussion in the morning! But all is well now.

On Sunday we had church - I got to teach so Marlee was happy. We headed out early for skiing (I was wondering why but we stopped to let out mom and dad's dog) and got to class on time. It was a beautiful day - sunny and crisp. Actually a little colder then we realized but we got 8-10 runs in so it was good. Matt got to ski his first blue square run and Marlee came up the chair lift after her lesson (first time!) and did the family run with Drew and I. The first time was a little sketchy but she was better on her second run. Matt was too cold to do more but stayed with Nana and Poppa in the chalet. I even worked up the courage to do the black diamonds - which evidently here are not as bad as some of the other places I'd been. I'm not sure what I was afraid of! So all in all a great weekend - I love productive ones where the kids actually feel we spent time with them!

1 comment: