Wednesday, February 4, 2009

An Amazing Day!

Wow - an amazing day! First of all the sun was shining - it has seemed a little grey the last while but it was so crisp and clear today! Loved setting off for school this way.


Second of all I got to spend the whole morning skiing! This was my first time sort of going on my own (without family). One of Matt's friends moms has been asking me to go and I was finally free. We got 13 runs in - the lines were awesome and we just had a nice time chatting. My toes even got cold at the same time so it was perfect for a break.


Thirdly - Immediately after skiing (a bit of a rush to get there) I was able to volunteer with Matt's class at the local skating rink. We had so much fun! I forgot to take off my skate guard so I pretty much wiped out getting on the rink - woops! Matt is no where near the level of skating as a number of his friends but he was so full of laughs! He spent just as much time on the ground as he did skating but it was so much fun! And LOTS of volunteers! I love that about our school - a lot of parent participation. I'd say it was even today between moms and dads! I then headed home and was actually choked up with thanks that I was able to help out! I am so thankful that I am able to get to know the kids friends and be able to stay at home for this time. It truly is a blessing! I pulled up to the house as C was trying to get in. Thank goodness they didn't head back to the school!






Matt wanted a picture of his bottom!


Fourthly - I was reading my book and they talked about their grandparents - and I was immediately moved to call Grandma. I've meant to so many times over the last week but it has always been inconvenient - usually too late! I'm so glad I did. Grandpa slept right through their visit today and I can tell that she was really down. She is also in a lot of pain from her fall which is just really hard. I do wish that we were closer geographically! It would be so neat to have them at the retirement home around the corner!


Fifthly - Matt and Marlee were picked up after school by J for their weekly date so C and I could go to her eye appointment. All is well there too - no changes - and so much easier without the kids with us.


And Sixthly? C's 1:1 worker called in sick and wasn't able to take her to WEB today so I decided to take her - and it was snow tubing night! We did 5 runs for $10 before we came in for snacks. What fun - again VERY brisk but so worth it!

Oh and - I finished my book!


It was a great read - pretty quick and a little unexpected. I love the show but was much more impressed with them as a couple after reading the book. Kate was quite honest and heartfelt and their love for the Lord is totally evident. So many times I have likened our relationship to theirs- lots of banter and bickering but such a deep love. It was nice to hear her side of it.

I've been getting my LOAD pages done - (still trying to figure out how to have a separate "album" within the blog - haven't read about it yet)!

SOOOO - all in all a great day but I am ready for bed!



No comments:

Post a Comment