Tuesday, June 29, 2010

EC Update

We had a bit of a breakthrough today regarding Elimination Communication! Mitchell fell asleep feeding a few times but wouldn't transfer to another area. Finally I decided to try feeding him in the bed - it worked. He fell asleep within a few minutes and I was able to get away to spend some time making lunch and spend time with the other kids. He slept from 11:30-1:15 (1 hour and 45 minutes)! When I heard him stirring I went right up and he was playing with the blanket and doing a lot of wriggling. I started to change his diaper and realized it was dry so I quickly took him to the bathroom. He pooped! I took him back to bed and he was feeding and then asleep 10 minutes later. (And don't worry - the kids were on their Wii and Dora time and the monitor was on). He slept until 2:40 when we had to start getting ready to go to school. He was wet but he peed again!


On a related note, we've been catching probably 8 out of 10 poops a day! Pees? This kids pees a LOT! I manage to get him to go on the potty frequently but more often then not he is already wet. This is not doing a great job for our diaper service as we go through the diapers very quickly. Thank goodness I have a few extras as I used 15 of my own diapers by pickup today!

No comments:

Post a Comment