Wednesday, October 20, 2010

October 2010 Recap


Now that October is officially gone, it's time to do my monthly recap - a way to help me keep track of what has gone on in our lives in one concise area. I'm a list person with a terrible memory and this has helped tremendously.
Katy the Scrapbook Lady has her version of her monthly round-up and I like how she describes it. "On the last day of every month, I post this little reminder to "roundup" your memories for the month. This simple little exercise will prompt you to take a few minutes and jot down the details of the ending month before the new one takes over. Look over your calendar, your blog posts, your photos, or whatever types of records you have kept throughout the month. I find that even reviewing my bank statement jogs my memory about what has happened in the month". And yes, it does help!

Check out her site here!

Here are my categories.

Exercise – A few runs, a few walks, and a lap swim!

Books, Magazines Read – Mothering, Creating Keepsakes, Scrapbooks Etc.,

Entertainment – TV, Movies, Live events seen
NCIS, Parenthood, 19 Kids and Counting, Greatest American Hero (Netflix);
Where the Wild Things Are;
Food Inc
Hillsong Youth United, David Crowder Band at Queensway Cathedral (8th)

Special Events
Celebrated dad and Melissa's birthdays (7th)
Celebrated Thanksgiving (10th) at our house
Port Dover visit (11th)
Macy Grace born! 6 lbs 6oz (11th)
Lego club at library
Silpada party at Kristy's
Drew - half marathon in Toronto 1:43 minutes

Travel – Port Dover (11th)

Significant/ unusual purchases, gifts / changes -

The kids had several birthday parties this month to which we gave play doh with extra "dough"; a star wars calendar and ****; and nerf shooter and silly bands. My dad got dinner out for the concert, my sister-in-law celebrated with a Marble Slab cake from Matt's teacher.

- we also got our salt water softener fixed (yey)

- our electricity between the bathroom and kitchen nook is still mucked up

Health/ Development -
Mitchell - 6 month Dr appointment - 19 lbs 7 oz
Matthew - lost tooth #12
Marlee - lost tooth #6
Drew - moles removed, one became infected


Other notable mentions -
Lots of scrapbooking done! See my previous LOAD posts.

TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment