Monday, March 29, 2010

We're Home!



Well we have made the transition from a family of 5 to 6 (except that Cierra isn't here right now) and we are so glad to be home! I have to say that it was so nice to look around at the living room Drew prepared that I shed a quick tear. Don't get me wrong - the hospital was fine but there is just something about home.

Drew transformed the living room into my own little haven for the next week or so. I am going to try to be good and not use the stairs very much for at least a week (although I will need to shower!). I guess just because I'm not stopping the daycare I want to reduce the stress on my body in other ways as much as possible - and I also think the bed might be more difficult to get out of then the couch. That and Marlee still joins us regularly in bed and I'm not sure how this will work with Mitchell. I also know that once I allow myself to start going up and down the stairs, it won't be long before I regularly want to use them. So Drew got the couch ready for me to sleep on, the pack and play with the diaper station all ready and he even brought down the tv from our bedroom. It's quite a sweet deal.

We were able to leave the hospital around 12:30 and made a pit stop at Taco Bell take-out for lunch (I'm sure that is comparable to the ducosate sodium I have to take LOL!). Drew got us settled and then he went back to work. The kids were so excited to see us home after school, it was really sweet. I think Marlee in particular found me being away a little hard. She was a little emotional at times but held her own well. Again though, just glad to be home. Grandpa John brought them home and stayed at the house until Drew got in - a little odd for me to be waited on but I could get used to having someone do the dishes, prepare the snacks, tidy up - you get the idea!
So this is the plan for the next couple of weeks - I have someone in every day to help with the older kids and to do the drop-offs and pick-ups for school. All in the hopes of taking it easy for a few days so that I am really ready to do the walking. It does allow me some time to rest and get back into things slowly. It is so nice to have such willing friends and family to help out.
Now if I could just get Drew to stop making me laugh!!!


















No comments:

Post a Comment