Thursday, September 3, 2009

Learn Something New Every Day

I've just joined another scrapbooking challenge for the month. It is Shimelle's class called Learn Something New Every Day. I don't know that I will actually make an album but I will of course attempt - and get some journalling done!

Today's prompt is to consider what I've learned within my home. I thought about talking about the cottage since we are here right now so here goes: I love our cottage and the simple life that we have there. Relatively little responsibility and carefree days. I have learned that it is important to get away for a little bit and the cottage is the perfect place to do it. Iand I love it especially since it doesn't have a lot of bells and whistles. (The internet hook-u pis nice though).

Yesterday's prompt (since it was the first day) was to think of something that we learned over the course of the day. Since I spent the day with Marlee I will attribute my learning to the importance of spending a little 1:1 time with each of the kids as often as we can. It doesn't take much to make them happy and it makes a world of difference in their lives.

I think I am going to like this one! Making a conscious effort to look at the world around me and making note of all that can be learned - each and every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment