Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Slow down, you move too fast


I want to make the moment last.

When you want things to go fast, life inevitably slows down. And I'm glad. Life has a way of teaching us that it has its own pace. For a reason.

I had a day at home today. How I love these. I didn't particularly accomplish much. I had a good run (10 and 1's!) and then puttered in the garden (finally trimmed the tree) and picked Cierra up for a doctor's appointment. I had a lot I wanted to accomplish today and really didn't get to any of it. Life has a way of doing that to me. It's almost like when my to do list is too long, I'll get into a good book. Or my run will be good I make it longer. Or alternately, I'll get sidetracked into surfing the net for too long. Either way, it's a reminder at the end of the day that these kind of days are okay. We need some days to just step back and enjoy. Take part in the day. For they pass so quickly.

On another note, it was meet the teacher barbq at school today. I hope the time so far this year is a good indication of how the year will go. The kids had a great time showing us around- and again I am reminded of what a nice community of families we have around here. I finally met the neighbours on the corner and Drew was reaquainted with a family in the court. We did talk about missing J and B though. They were our "Steadies" at these type of functions. I'll have to put their number in my cell phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment