Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Thankfulness

Thankfullness. Today we are reminded that sometimes it is the big things that we learn from and sometimes it is the little things.

It has become a pattern for me to thank God for various things at the end of the day. So often it is for the day we had - that we were able to appreciate it - that we were all safe and were healthy - that the things we did over the course of the day meant something. i started to write down something that I was thankful for each day over the last few months but I confess that I've slacked a little bit because it kept looking like it was redundant and therefore maybe not meaningful. As I reflected on today's prompt it hit me though - I learned that for me - it really is the little things that make my day. The little things that make me happy.

I've often told others and been told that I'm a fairly even-keeled person. I don't show a ton of emotion. I tend to be a bit of a "plateau". I'm not showy in my enthusiasm over gifts and things like that. Much to my husband's dismay because he is the exuberant one. And it is not that I'm not happy or thrilled and I have learned (can I use this for a future prompt?) that I need to work on this - to express my thanks to others more frequently - even after the time that I have received something.

Anyway, I learned today that the seemingly little things that make me happy are really big things - because they do make me happy, help our day go smoothly and make life comfortable and content. And that is a big thing! So thanks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment