Friday, January 14, 2011

Christmas Memories 1972, 1973 and 1974

For quite a while now I've been wanting to go back and do a Christmas album - documenting the basics of what happened each year. As I've mentioned, I'm a list kind of girl and I like to have all of my "historic details" all neat and tidy. Right now they are no where near that. I came across these photos and in combination with Ali Edwards Yesterday & Today class, I have found a format that I think will lend itself quite well to this project. So here goes. Now I just need the details. Jump in in the comments if you can add any other details or mine are wrong.


What I can surmise:
- 1972
- my first Christmas (3 months old)
- dog Chimo
- Snow Lake, Manitoba

- dad's Hudson's bay colours sweater (purchased in TBay)

- mom's hippie days (hair down to waist)

- just started to buy chesterfield furniture for the house (cushions were the first purchase)



- 1973

- Second Christmas (15 months old)

- Snow Lake, Manitoba

- note the gifts - Fisher Price Pecky Penguin, Never Talk to Strangers book, Fisher Price Rub-a-dub-dub toy, wooden blocks, green squishy ball

- 1974

- 3rd Christmas (27 months old)

- Still in Snow Lake

- We received the rocking lion that [dad/ John] bought made with wood from the mine (dad since copied the lion for our kids a few years ago)

- Sean recently joined our family (he was 10 months at the time (in March '74); 20 months old here)

- mom and dad still have the wrought iron candle holder in the kitchen, piano in background; lampstand was found at the dump and repainted

- homemade felt stockings on chair

TFL!

No comments:

Post a Comment