Tuesday, January 25, 2011

More Christmas memories

Here are the next few photos that I have of our early Christmas days.

There isn't a lot to say about them other then commenting on how old we are are and how we look at the time. I can gather a few limited details from each photo that you will see below.

I currently have our family now do the customary "in front of the tree photos" and I am now seeing how maybe we will want to include a little more in the photo in the future. No offense mom - glad to have them! Part of the appeal is to see the changes in us as people over the years so this definitely captures that but it is also cool to gather details about the time from other things in the photo. Let's see what we can do with these!

Who: Alison, Sean and Sarah
When: ? I can't tell if this is the earliest of these photos or if #3 is. late 1970's/ early 1980's
Where: Our house on W Street
What/ Why: I just love looking at the clothes we wore and seeing the expression on our faces. Do you think we wanted to be there? And poor Sarah looks a little stunned.


Who: Grandma and Grandpa, Mom, Alison, Sean and Sarah
When: ? late 1970's? early 1980's?
Where: House on W Street
What/ Why: customary photo by the tree. Grandma and Grandpa rotated their time between their 3 kids each Christmas and this year was obviously our turn. With dad a pastor, we weren't able to travel at Christmas time so our relatives came to us when they could. Look how fashionable my hair was! And pearls! I really like this family photo. Dad must have been taking it. Other things to note: You can see Chimo in the back ground, the pantry entrance with the bulletin board, and the shelf with the encyclopedias where the phone was. You can see our old tv with the bunny ears (it was a while before we had cable). You can see one of Grandma's paintings on the wall. You can see evidence of mom's creativity with the macrame lamp stand and the dried flowers in the pottery vase.


Who: Alison, Sean and Sarah
When: late 1970's early 1980's
Where: House on W Street
What/ Why: Another photo by the tree. I love the outfit I'm wearing- another made by mom. We look happier in this photo - glad to be in it.
There you have it. Not a lot of details but they bring back memories none-the-less. I will have to look back and see what things were going on those years in our family. Perhaps then I can comment more on Christmas. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
I think our next Christmas photos jump to high school unless I can find some more.
That's when I started documenting more in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment