Monday, December 7, 2009

Am I checking my lists? No but I'm contemplating holiday food...

I haven’t really gotten very far in the Christmas list check off point yet – I haven’t opened my Christmas Control Journal on a regular basis; looked at the flylady site or even looked at Organizedchristmas.com . I’m not sure what is up with that. I feel confident with gifts for the kids and the other “wish lists” are starting to come in. Dinner isn’t at our house this year so I’m not in charge of the turkey (I don’t think)! I’m actually not feeling pressured but I think I better get going over my lists or it’s going to hit me – really soon!

Some things to do – figure out how to print my card(s); turkey; gifts for family

My favourite holiday food would have to be pumpkin pie. I know it is available all throughout the year but my mom doesn’t make it except at Thanksgiving and Christmas. It is the best. It has to be served cold and preferably with whipped cream. I also enjoy all of the cookie recipes that come out at this time of year – the shortbread, the walnut crescents, the chocolate haystacks and toffee bars. We certainly enjoy the whole turkey and trimmings meal and are blessed to have it a few times a year. We try to get a turkey big enough that there will be leftovers. I love leftovers. Especially cold pumpkin pie. Yum-yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment