So why do I do this? First of all my memory is terrible and often find myself wondering when such and such happened. Second of all I love lists and information. Third of all I believe I am a type A personality. Enough said.
BUUUTTT, now hear me out. Just last week Marlee had to do a timeline of her life (yes all 6 years) for school and I was able to pull out my binder with my yearly recaps in it and boom - in 1 hour we were done. Thank you very much. And Yes, I did make Drew praise me for my organization in this instance. Thanks again dear.Here's a look at our month:
Books, Magazines, Blogs read:
- Her Daughter's Dream (on my new ipad I might add - sooo fun!) btw Great book. I laughed. I cried. I recommend.
- pretty much just my top 10 blogs - it was a busy month
- Modern Family - finished Season 1 (rented)
- Death do us part (Netflix)
- Mother's and Babies (rented - do not recommend)
- 500 Days of Summer (Netflix)
- Black Swan (movie theatre - umm different!)
- Nothing like the Holidays (library)
- Best Christmas Pageant Ever (ILL library) do you remember this from elementary school? I still have a few copies of the book. Matt read it and watched it this past Christmas and I thought it would be fun to watch as a family.
- Spit Fire Grill (borrowed from my parents)
Special Events: Not much out of the ordinary in this area.
- Matt had his power skating,
- We all had skiing
- Cierra had a transition meeting at school
- I had MOPS and a behaviour/ discipline training class at church and a shower for Charlotte (I gave her a scrapbook album, a mommy hook, some bowls, a receiving blanket and some baby cream).
Travel: nowhere this month
Financial/ changes to the house etc.:
- shower gift to Charlotte (as above)
- our kitchen cupboards were finished
Drew: running and basketball
Alison: 1 or 2 days exercise; cough/tickle/ cold for 2 1/2 weeks since New Years Eve Day
Cierra: all good
Matt: all goodMarlee: all good
Mitchell: Dr visit (20th) 20lbs 10 oz, 74 cm long, received inoculation
Accomplishments/ Disappointments (Goals):
I've been working away at One Little Word and Yesterday and Today - 2 classes from BPC. They have both been very inspirational and I'm looking forward to seeing what else they have in store. Y&T in particular has really inspired me to get into my older photos and organize them as well as to go back and chronicle my life archives (does that make sense?) As I mentioned in my opening discussion, I want to do the same type of listing for my elementary and highschool years. I'm also gearing up for LOAD for February.
All Around Us/ Other (News, Trends Etc): n/a