Tuesday, February 1, 2011

January 2011 Recap

Seeing how January has now come and gone it is time for my monthly recap. I really need to get something catchy to put here. Any ideas? That or change the name...

So why do I do this? First of all my memory is terrible and often find myself wondering when such and such happened. Second of all I love lists and information. Third of all I believe I am a type A personality. Enough said.


BUUUTTT, now hear me out. Just last week Marlee had to do a timeline of her life (yes all 6 years) for school and I was able to pull out my binder with my yearly recaps in it and boom - in 1 hour we were done. Thank you very much. And Yes, I did make Drew praise me for my organization in this instance. Thanks again dear.

Here's a look at our month:

Books, Magazines, Blogs read:


  • Her Daughter's Dream (on my new ipad I might add - sooo fun!) btw Great book. I laughed. I cried. I recommend.



  • pretty much just my top 10 blogs - it was a busy month
TV, Movies, Live Entertainment: We got rid of our cable and PVR box this month. We still have Netflix and a tonne of movies to watch though. We are seeing if we can get Rogers on Demand on the computer but have come up with some glitches.


  • Modern Family - finished Season 1 (rented)

  • Death do us part (Netflix)

  • Mother's and Babies (rented - do not recommend)

  • 500 Days of Summer (Netflix)

  • Black Swan (movie theatre - umm different!)

  • Nothing like the Holidays (library)

  • Best Christmas Pageant Ever (ILL library) do you remember this from elementary school? I still have a few copies of the book. Matt read it and watched it this past Christmas and I thought it would be fun to watch as a family.


  • Spit Fire Grill (borrowed from my parents)

Special Events: Not much out of the ordinary in this area.



  • Matt had his power skating,

  • We all had skiing

  • Cierra had a transition meeting at school

  • I had MOPS and a behaviour/ discipline training class at church and a shower for Charlotte (I gave her a scrapbook album, a mommy hook, some bowls, a receiving blanket and some baby cream).

Travel: nowhere this month


Financial/ changes to the house etc.:



  • shower gift to Charlotte (as above)

  • our kitchen cupboards were finished
Health/ Exercise:


Drew: running and basketball


Alison: 1 or 2 days exercise; cough/tickle/ cold for 2 1/2 weeks since New Years Eve Day


Cierra: all good


Matt: all good

Marlee: all good

Mitchell: Dr visit (20th) 20lbs 10 oz, 74 cm long, received inoculation

Accomplishments/ Disappointments (Goals):
I've been working away at One Little Word and Yesterday and Today - 2 classes from BPC. They have both been very inspirational and I'm looking forward to seeing what else they have in store. Y&T in particular has really inspired me to get into my older photos and organize them as well as to go back and chronicle my life archives (does that make sense?) As I mentioned in my opening discussion, I want to do the same type of listing for my elementary and highschool years. I'm also gearing up for LOAD for February.

All Around Us/ Other (News, Trends Etc): n/a

No comments:

Post a Comment