Friday, May 7, 2010

Load Day 5, 6 and 7

Well I didn't get around to distressing anything - digital worked out much better for me. I did have some time to play and prepare today though so I was happy about that. Here are the layouts I submitted for the last few days.

Day 5

Journaling reads: It’s been over a year now since we lost Ralph. I think about him a lot - our Sunday night dinners with mom and dad, his high raised hand and hand shake greeting, his too big cowboy boots, his traffic vest and his regular questions about our family. I learned a lot about Ralph at his funeral. A lot I wished I’d known earlier. About how he’d gotten to know my dad and the number of people he had affected in our city. I knew he knew a lot of people but it was so touching to see SO many people at his funeral. I learned a lot about my dad too. About his relationship with his own brother and how Ralph filled a bit of that void that I never realized was there. About how truly gracious he is and what a role model he can be - for working with people with special needs and touching people’s lives in amazing ways.
Dad performed the funeral and in summary noted the following:
Ralph lived a life of faith & hope. He was always ready to tell his story. He always asked for prayer (often at inappropriate times – but really is there ANY inappropriate time?). He was always so thankful for what people did for him (to the point of embarrassment). He still had a goal to live on his own (totally) and he still wanted to get married.
Thank you Ralph for your testimony and your presence in our lives. We miss you! Thank you dad for your role model and for your grace. You have and continue to touch lives.
“Keep on loving each other as brothers and sisters. Don't forget to show hospitality to strangers, for some who have done this have entertained angels without realizing it!"
Hebrews 13:1-2

Sources:

QP template danielle_moy@yahoo.com danimoy designs
font - Comic Sans MS
photos #1 - 08 09 07; #2 - 07 12 25; #3 - 09 01 05

Day 6:


Source: Delicious Scraps QP


Day 7



Sources: 09 05 19 Cierra 19th bday p1The daily Digital birthday template
papers and embellishments - klund oh happy day kit

TFL!

Add Image

No comments:

Post a Comment