Monday, May 31, 2010

Memory Monday - Tornado

I heard on the radio this morning that it has been 25 years since the tornado came through this way. Wow! 25 years! At the time I was babysitting Andrew and Jennie just down from our school. I remember it getting all dark and the power going off but not really knowing what was gong on or even being concerned. I don't remember what I did but I guess I kept the kids entertained. Most of the damage happened on the other side of the lake - not where we were. We mostly had regular storm damage. My mom was just coming home from Innisfil - apparently just a few minutes ahead of the storm - again not knowing what it actually was. Poor Sean was sitting on the porch crying waiting for someone to come home. A lot of devastation took place - it apparently cleared the future area of our work place. It moved the time frame up almost a year because a lot of the work had already been done. Crazy.

A memory I keep getting mixed up with this one? Back earlier that year, part of the big maple on out front lawn came down on the balcony. Fast forward to August and we ended up "entertaining" some people who came by to help out with the wreckage from the tornado. One helped cut up the tree while another helped my mom plaster the hallway with the scaffolding. I remember her telling us that she had prayed that no one would come by this weekend - she had so much work to do. God had a plan that helped her get it all done anyway and meet some nice people. For some reason I keep thinking it all happened the weekend of the tornado. Why? I don't know. I've never been known for my memory-keeping skills. Hopefully this will help me keep it clearer.

On a completely unrelated note other then memory Monday - prayers and thoughts go out to Kim, Kerry and all their family who are missing Jon, gone now for a year. Blessings guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment