Friday, September 24, 2010

I am learning what it means to be a prisoner in my own home...

ohh that sounds bad. Well, I'll admit that I am and have been frustrated the last few days. Today Mitchell's bedtime routine took 2 hours. 2 hours!!! We started this whole thing so that I could (we could) get our evenings back. Well they say it gets bad beore it gets better. I hope this is the case. I don't know how much worse it can get! The poor kid is so tired and you know he is ready and needing to sleep but he is so frustrated. The crying this time around is making up for all of the crying he never did in his early months (but I am with him and comforting him through it although at times I really want to walk away). Brutal.

As for the prison part? Well I am in my room with him, lights off so I can't read, he pulls at my ipod wires so I can't listen to anything either and no one else can come in. Oh and did I mention no one else can come in? I'm such a mean mommy to the other three. Thank goodness Drew is here and tolerating all this and providing the much needed other parent. He's a good guy. And we're praying this won't last long.

No comments:

Post a Comment