Saturday, September 4, 2010

These feet were made for walking...

Since it was the last day of summer holidays I decided to be adventurous and get out of the house not only once but twice today. Actually it was more because the kids had had a sleepover and were all starting to get on each other's nerves by 9:30. So when Mitchell was between naps we packed up quickly (I was very impressed!) and headed out the door to a "new to us park". We only stayed for an hour but it was well worth it.
Matt is getting so much more comfortable with the monkey bars - he even skipped four rings!
Marlee was content to hang out with Colter in the sand.
Note the pajama day AGAIN!
Mitchell fell asleep quickly at home and slept for 2 1/2 hours. It was awesome. I was able to play some hockey with the boys, tidy up, make lunch and then he was up again.
Later on when he wouldn't go down again, we decided to try a different park - even if it was only for a 1/2 hour. Again, well worth it. Mitchell was happy in the fresh air, the kids had more sand, more monkey barswe had the the place to ourselves and I got to play tag with the kids.
And I learned that my feet don't quite have what it takes to keep up with the kids at tag. At least not in flip flops and sand. Let's just say I was "frozen" a lot. But it was fun. And it was great to be spontaneous and just "do something".

No comments:

Post a Comment